Current Opportunities – June, 2017
Job Title: Coworking Community Assistant
Reporting to: Coworking Community Manager
Term: 9 weeks at 30 hours/week; may occasionally include evenings and weekends
Start Date: July 4th, 2017
Coworking is an international movement that aims to create affordable, collaborative and community driven work space. Coworking is a great solution for people working from their living room or local coffee shop, people who enjoy interaction with others and a great way to connect and collaborate with like-minded people.
The Amp coworking space is a social enterprise anchored by Ecotrust Canada and home to a number of mission driven organizations. Ideally located at the crossroads of Gastown and Chinatown in the historic BC Electric Building, The Amp is a bright, beautiful space complete with all the amenities you need to thrive.
This position is a 9 week full-time contract funded by the Canada Summer Jobs initiative. Candidates must be returning full-time students to be eligible. Please visit the Canada Summer Jobs to see the list of eligibility requirements.
The Amp is a social enterprise with only one full time staff member so this summer position is all encompassing. The position is intended to mainly support the Coworking Community Manager with administration, community development and marketing.
In addition to bringing the right blend of technical skills, we seek a candidate who is flexible, confident, deeply competent and professional in their workplace approach. This position requires effective interactions and excellent communications with a wide range of internal and external clients and the willingness and ability to take on special assignments as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage internal and external meeting room bookings
- Ensure coworking policies and procedures are followed by all members
- Sit at the front desk reception to welcome members and guests
- Answer the telephone phone and respond to inquiries
- Conduct other administrative tasks and errands as needed
Marketing & Promotion:
- Support marketing and promotional activities for The Amp, including:
- Research and outreach to potential members
- Website management
- Generate content for social media networks
- Form and build relationships with Amp members tomake every effort to ensure they are happy with the coworking space
- Join the social/event committee and make suggestions to give Amp members the opportunity to get involved within The Amp community
- Look for ways to increase The Amp profile within the local community
- Perform other duties, as required
Skills & Experience
- Experience in office administration
- Experience in social media
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Skilled in MS Office
- Attention to detail
- Great time management
- Organized & results-focused
- Honest and trustworthy
- Proactive, positive, and outgoing
- Respectful and discerning
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume no later than June 25, 2017 to email@example.com
We thank all the applicants for their interest, however, only qualified candidates selected will be contacted.